Licensing and Integrated Services Clerk (Clerk Typist 3) - City of New Westminster
Licensing and Integrated Services Clerk (Clerk Typist 3)
DEPARTMENT: Climate Action, Planning & Development (CAPD) STATUS: Auxiliary
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION:CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: 16 hours per week (11:00 am – 3:00 pm 4 days/wk)*
SALARY:$26.35 – $30.93 per hour (2021 rates) + 12% in lieu of vacation, statutory holidays & benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to become a member of the administrative team in the Licensing and Integrated Services Division. Your role will be to perform complex clerical and customer service duties. In Licensing you will provide information and guidance to customers at the front counter; input and process licence applications; and respond to inquiries via email and phone. In Integrated Services you will provide information and assistance to customers and colleagues regarding bylaws, regulations, and procedures; monitor and assign calls for service; type correspondence; and provide clerical support to the enforcement team and the Manager. In both sections you will also be required to provide service to staff in other departments, organize and maintain a variety of records and files, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by post-secondary courses and/or certificates in office administration plus considerable related experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to a variety of customers and colleagues including ability to work effectively with the public.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-based environment while providing individual, accurate, and respectful service to customers and colleagues.
- Ability to perform clerical and typing assignments and prepare reports and related material with minimal supervision.
- Considerable knowledge of applicable rules and regulations, methods and procedures governing departmental operations.
- Extensive experience and/or training in computer and word processing systems (Microsoft Suite) as well as knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Must have a minimum typing speed proficiency of 55 wpm.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Experience with Tempest is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with digital file maintenance best practices is considered an asset.
*The successful candidate is anticipated to work until December 31, 2022, with the possibility of extension. Hours per week may be adjusted due to operational requirements and may include some weeks of full time hours.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume in one document quoting the competition number, by January 28, 2022 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following format in the subject line: LAST NAME First Name #22-17
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
New Westminster is on the unceded and unsurrendered land of the Halq'eméylem-speaking peoples. It is acknowledged by the City that colonialism has made invisible their histories and connections to the land. We are learning and building relationships with the people whose lands we are on.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.