Director Human Resources - Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency
Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency
GoS Career Centre: https://govskpsc.taleo.net/careersection/59500/joblist.ftl
Director Human Resources - HR-001059
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location(s): SK-North Central-Prince Albert
Salary Range: $7,603-$9,882 Monthly
The Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency (SPSA) is a Treasury Board Crown responsible for emergency communications including Sask911 and SaskAlert, wildfire management, emergency management and fire safety. This centralized agency ensures a single point of contact for communities, greater co-ordination of provincial resources and contributes to safer communities in our province.
The SPSA is seeking a Director, Human Resources to provide strategic and functional human resource consulting to Agency leadership to support the achievement of their business goals and strategies. Examples of duties include:
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with Agency leadership, union leadership and the Public Service Commission (PSC) to ensure HR service needs are responded to, proactively identified, collaboratively addressed and that workplace issues are effectively supported.
- Leading the development and capacity building of a team of Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP) and the responsibility for the day-to-day work, escalation of issues, coaching, performance management, and rebalancing of workloads and client portfolios.
- Maintaining an effective level of client business acumen and actively participate at the table with SPSA leadership to establish and maintain a depth of understanding of Agency strategies and operations.
- In alignment with SPSA strategic planning, you will lead client leadership in strategic workforce planning and support the development of strategies and initiatives to address workforce opportunities and challenges.
- Ensuring alignment of client HR initiatives with other corporate initiatives and business objectives of the SPSA.
- Participating in SPSA division and branch planning and decision making. Ensuring direction is cascaded to HRBPs.
- Providing leadership on internal SPSA committees and projects such as culture and engagement, inclusion, wellness, etc. and actively contributes to maintaining a positive workplace culture.
The successful candidate will have an acceptable combination of the following education, training, certifications or extensive experience in:
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources or Business Management; HR certification/designation is an asset.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressive management/leadership experience in a senior-level generalist Human Resource and Administration role with knowledge of provincial labour and employment laws.
- Passionate about team member experience and integration of culture.
- Continuous improvement mindset with a detailed focus.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in conflict resolution and mediation skills.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills working with various levels of staff.
- Flexible and adaptive, able to respond quickly and effectively to changing circumstances.
This position may be based out of Prince Albert or Regina, with a preference in Prince Albert. This position requires both a valid (class 5) driver’s licence and criminal record check. The successful candidate may be required to travel to remote locations to conduct work activities up to 20% of the time.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals.
- A competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension.
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave.
- Inclusive work environments.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Flexible work arrangement.
Please note this ad will remain open until filled. Screening of applicants will commence on December 13th.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Jan 15, 2022, 11:59:00 PM