City Engineer - City of Meadow Lake
The City of Meadow Lake has an immediate need for a permanent full-time Civil Engineer with a strong interest in municipal projects and a desire to work in a management position. Reporting to the City Manager, the City Engineer is an out of scope position and is responsible for a variety of engineering works related to municipal infrastructure such as project management, developing capital project plans and supervising staff. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Manage all major civil projects for the city including liaising with funding agencies, regulatory bodies, contractors, and the public regarding the project.
- Develop projects from concept and lead projects through planning, budgeting, design, tendering, and implementation.
- Attend Council meetings from time to time to keep Council well-informed about projects.
- Monitor and manage project budgets, keeping the City Manager and Council well informed of any budget or scope changes necessary for projects.
- Implement asset management and supervise the Asset Management Coordinator.
- Research, review and submit infrastructure grant applications as offered by the Provincial and/or Federal Government.
- Review development applications from private developers and approve excavation permits as per the Bylaw.
- Review construction applications of utility agencies and ensure construction does not adversely impact City infrastructure.
- Provide technical support to Public Works or any other department, as requested by the City Manager.
- Act as a steward of public infrastructure and recommend any developments deemed necessary for the City.
- Review bylaws and policies regarding City infrastructure and recommend any updates, if necessary.
The ideal candidate will foster a results-oriented work ethic and ability to work independently to produce quality materials and recommendations within tight timelines. They will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer designation and will be in good standing with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists in Saskatchewan (APEGS).
- Minimum 5 years of municipal engineering experience. Supervisory experience will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of the civil construction process, budgeting, planning, design, municipal construction, and specifications.
- Strong skills in GIS and AutoCAD. Skills in modelling and design software will be considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including interacting with the public confidently through phone, email or in-person.
Compensation is competitive and negotiable in keeping with experience, knowledge and abilities. A comprehensive benefits package is provided. The salary range for the position is $95,669 to $119,586.
Your application package must include current contact information for at least three employment references. Please forward resumes and cover letters attention City Manager, Diana Burton via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply, but only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 31, 2021
Year-round outdoor activities are Meadow Lake’s biggest draw with plenty of opportunities to camp, hunt, fish, snowmobile, ski, quad, swim, bike, or even golf at the City’s 18-hole golf course. Meadow Lake is growing and currently has a population of 5,344 (2016 Census). In addition to all the standard amenities and affordable cost of living, Meadow Lake is only 30 minutes away from one of Saskatchewan’s most pristine outdoor playgrounds, Meadow Lake Provincial Park, with more than 20 lakes and 1,600 km2 of forest. For more information about our community or the job posting, visit our website at meadowlake.ca.