Secretary - Reception/Admin Support - Town of Sackville
POSITION TITLE: Secretary – Reception/Admin Support, Front Desk Town Hall
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration
REPORTS TO: Treasurer
Under the direction of the Treasurer, the position is responsible for Reception/Cashier duties at Town Hall, including but not limited to working in the Accounting system, receiving calls/visitors, and directing to the appropriate area and handling various other office related duties. Accuracy and timelines will be a very important part of all the duties of this job.
Under the direction of the Treasurer:
- Receive, process and receipt water/sewer, dog licensing fee payments, by-law tickets, programming activities, etc and issue the appropriate receipt and/or documentation.
- Break down into the system and code to the appropriate account accurately.
- Ensure cash is balanced and accurate at all times.
- Support telephone system operation. Answer, screen and forward telephone calls; record and relay message information accurately.
- Perform clerical duties that have been assigned by the supervisor.
- Operate, maintain and reconcile debit machine.
- Responds to internal/external inquiries on behalf of the Finance Department or other Departments within the building.
- Assists in the preparation of correspondence and reports.
- Keep an accurate call and visitor log for Town Hall.
- Assists other Department processes as required.
- Responsible for the processing of tender packages as requested, acceptance of tenders and keeping an accurate record of tender information.
- Performs reception duties for the Town Hall, greets visitors, receives, and transfers telephone calls as required.
- Obtains confidential or personal information from the public.
- Provides answers to inquiries or refers callers to the appropriate staff member.
- Demonstrates a strong customer service orientation.
- Responds promptly to customer’s queries and requests.
- Resolves customer concerns and complaints or refers to supervisor if applicable.
- Assist the Recreation Program and Events Department, Tourism and Business Development and others with payments, program bookings and monitoring of registrations.
- Assist with the billing for Water/Sewer and other Finance duties as may be needed.
- Maintain an accurate log of all existing by-laws and make them available for public.
- Works cooperatively with the team members in Finance, as well as other departments to ensure necessary workflow and coverage.
- Provides support and backup to other staff in the department as may be necessary.
- Remains current on, and adheres to, corporate and department policies and procedures.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills to deal with staff, public and others in a polite and effective manner.
- Administer applications relating to culverts, water turn on/offs, new installations, etc.
- Develop and maintain an accurate manual on all job duties for the position.
- Take minutes at meetings when required.
- Provide backup and relief to other positions within the Finance Department.
- Perform Accounting work that may be assigned by the Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer.
- Any other duties as requested by the Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer.
- Employee shall wear appropriate attire for the Town Hall.
- Grade 12 education supplemented by an Administrative or Business Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or a minimum of 3-years’ experience.
- Be able to demonstrate basic accounting knowledge.
- Ability to handle math and manual calculations for HST, deposits, etc.
- Have a complete and thorough knowledge how Municipal Government Works.
- Be capable of maintaining confidentiality in all areas of their work.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills for dealing with the public.
Town of Sackville
c/o Donna Beal, Town Clerk
31C Main St
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: Friday, June 18, 2021 @ 4:30p.m.