Utility Operator II - City of West Kelowna
Utility Operator II
THE OKANAGAN LIFESTYLE IS CALLING!
The City of West Kelowna’s Public Works Department is looking for an experienced Utility Operator to join our team. This is a full time permanent opening. The successful operator will work alongside other Utility Operators to promote the safe, efficient, effective and continuous operation and maintenance of the City’s water and wastewater systems.
- Grade 12 education
- Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) Level II in a specified discipline, as operationally required (i.e. Water Distribution, Wastewater Collections and Water Treatment, etc.)
- 3 years’ operating experience in an EOCP classified system / facility
- Occupational First Aid Level I
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Confined Space Entry
- Chlorine Handling Certificate
- Water Engineering Technology Diploma (or similar) preferred
- BCWWA Tester and / or Inspector Certification in Cross Connection Control preferred
- Dam Inspection and Maintenance training preferred
- Valid Class III or I License with Air Endorsement preferred
- Good physical condition with sufficient strength and stamina to perform heavy manual work outside in the presence of all types of weather conditions;
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 21-27E | Closes March 14, 2021| $34.00/hr