Chief Administrative Officer - Rural Municipality of St. Francois Xavier
Chief Administrative Officer
The Rural Municipality of St. François Xavier is seeking applicants for the position of Chief Administrative Officer. This rural municipality is approximately 15 kilometres west of Winnipeg on Provincial Trunk Highway 26 and is surrounded by rich prairie land along the scenic banks of the Assiniboine River. The municipality's largest centre is the small community of St. François Xavier.
Rural Municipality of St. François Xavier
Under the direction of the Reeve and Council, the CAO is responsible for the overall management of the operations of the municipality including: administration, supervision of staff, policies and planning, and financial management.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Graduate of the Certificate of Manitoba Municipal Administration program, or equivalent;
- Strong administrative and management skills;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in municipal administration would be an asset;
- Ability to develop, interpret and administer agreements, statutes and by-laws;
- Sound understanding of municipal accounting, budget preparation, financial statements, and administration;
- Understanding of PSAB with the ability to carry out the required accounting and reporting;
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, All-Net Meetings and municipal accounting software;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with council, employees and the public.
- Experience working with development plans and zoning by-laws;
Remuneration will commensurate with education, experience and qualifications. This position includes a comprehensive staff benefits package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume by January 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. via mail, fax or email in strictest confidence to:
R.M. of St. François Xavier
1060 Highway 26
St. Francois Xavier MB R4L 1A5
The Selection Committee thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.