Temporary Full-Time (40 hours per week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Facilities Division seeks an individual with outstanding labouring skills, work ethic, attention to safety and customer service skills to join their team on a Temporary Full-Time basis (expected end date: December 31, 2019). In this role you will be working with minimal supervision, performing room set ups and take downs, general handyman work, and completing repairs including but not limited to carpentry, drywall finishing and painting. Duties include a variety of tasks such as general maintenance work including painting, carpentry, patch filling walls, ceiling tile replacements, pressure washing, exterior window cleaning, gutter cleaning, moss removal at civic facilities. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, be a self-starter with sound organizations skills, exercises good judgement and will have a strong desire to learn and cross training in other areas.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented with some on the job-related experience including experience operating small equipment and maintenance duties such as carpentry, dry walling and painting or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Considerable experience or training and knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions applicable to the work;
- Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate excellent listening skills;
- Ability to exercise independent action on assigned work;
- Ability to execute tasks efficiently, report back on outcomes and communicate any unexpected issues and the resolution.
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety first attitude;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and proof of a safe and responsible driving record;
The hourly wage of this unionized position is $28.38 – 28.67 hourly (2019 rates). If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/jobs
Recruitment Reference: 2019-52