Operator 2, Utility Stations
Operator 2, Utility StationsTake your career to another level!
The City of Whitehorse is seeking an Operator 2, Utility Stations to join our Infrastructure & Operations team. This role will take senior responsibility for operating, monitoring, troubleshooting and conducting maintenance of water and wastewater facilities that ensures public health and safety. The ideal candidate will have 3 years’ operating experience at a Class 1 or higher facility in Wastewater Treatment with 6 months supervisory experience.
Salary Range: Competitive
Compensation Package: Full Benefits; Competitive Vacation; Developmental Educational Support; Travel & Other Incentives
- Operate, monitor, inspect and maintain all water and sewage treatment, collection, and distribution systems and facilities.
- Manage operational and control methodology to ensure system wide integrity. Assist with testing and maintenance of the alarm and monitoring systems.
- Identify and take corrective actions from moderate to advanced treatment plant operations to ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory and internal procedures and processes.
- Operate, calibrate, maintain and repair all water and sewage systems.
- Conduct chemical, physical and bacteriological sampling of potable water. Operate, test and calibrate analyzers and chemical dosage control and measuring equipment.
- Develop and maintain standard operating, maintenance and asset management procedures.
- Conduct daily readings, log irregularities, prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies, order and purchase replacements in a timely fashion, in accordance with City procurement processes.
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that safety procedures and standards are followed.
- Minimum 3 years’ operating experience at a Class 1 or higher facility in Wastewater Treatment, Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection or Level II certification in each field.
- Minimum 6 months supervisory experience and 1 year on the job training (4 months per field).
- Water Quality and Sampling for Water & Wastewater (14 hrs), WHMIS & TDG Certificate (14 hrs); Standard First Aid, Level C CPR (14 hrs); Confined Space Entrant/Attendant (14 hrs); Fall Arrest Course (7 hrs); Chlorine Handling Certificate (35 hrs); Hazard Assessment and Control Course (7 hrs); Plant High Voltage Safety (14 hrs); Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (7 hours); Pumps, Theory, Operation & Maintenance (35 hrs) = Total 161 hours
- Proven ability to concentrate and holds an excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to prioritize well with minimal supervision and a strong team player.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Lab experience with chemicals and sampling, testing and interpretation is preferred.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and process controls, operating and repairing systems including valves, pumps and systems are considered is an asset.
About the City of Whitehorse
Working for the City of Whitehorse means working for a progressive, employee-first organization. We offer competitive benefits, security and the ability to maintain a balanced work-life. The municipal government plays a key role in the lives of its +30,000 residents, which means you see the results of your work and can take pride in serving the community.
Apply Now: https://whitehorse.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/788