Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Industry Training Authority
Industry Training Authority (ITA)
Manager, Strategic Initiatives
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Manager, Strategic Projects works closely with the Executive Team and Senior Leadership Team This is temporary position for 12 months and this role will report to the Director, Strategy and Performance to drive and implement strategic projects across ITA. The position is empowered to drive key initiatives and projects including those related to the delivery of ITA’s strategic plan and those affecting ITA’s internal and external operations. The position is accountable to ensure understanding on the delivery of a variety of projects including end-to-end results. Join ITA and be part of a highly engaged organization that is named one of BC’s Top Employers and certified Great Place to Work! Submit your cover letter and resume by email on or before the closing date listed on our careers page to HumanResources@itabc.ca.
- Delivery Management
- Defines the methods, standards, process, and tools to plan, schedule, design, build and manage activities and delivery of projects from end-to-end
- Facilitates effective stakeholder management and scheduling of updates to mitigate gaps, risks and overlaps and to leverage corresponding or other organization projects and initiatives
- Works with the Manager, Data and Analytics to develop and manage reporting on performance outcomes
- Works with the Director of Strategy and Performance to oversee the development of the organization’s Annual Report on outcomes achieved
- Change Management
- Consults with senior project leads and determines the change management requirements for each initiative and project and submits recommendations to the Senior Leadership and Executive teams for approval
- Oversees change management resources that are contracted to manage any organizational change as a result of projects driven by the Executive and/or Strategy and Performance teams when applicable
- Resource Management
- Oversees the development and management of project / initiative timelines and change management strategies with members of the Executive and Senior Leadership teams to ensure effective delivery, use, and deployment of resources
- Consults with Senior Leadership Team and helps define requirements for budgeting, resourcing including skills and experience for new projects or initiatives and develops and/or supports recommendations and requests to the Senior Leadership and Executive teams
- Sets appropriate mechanisms to ensure oversight of initiatives and projects’ progress with appropriate timelines. This includes, but is not limited to developing reporting and accountability models, managing deliverables within annual strategic and service plans; setting the governance approach
- Risk Management
- Sets the process, methods, and policies that relate to strategic and tactical risk management for strategic and operational initiatives and projects
- Identifies risks and supports projects teams across the organization in the development and management of contingency processes
- An equivalent combination of post- secondary education, project management and other experience will be considered
- 5+ years management experience
- Strong business acumen and project management background and experience
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations involving technical or sensitive information
- PMP designation an asset
- Knowledge of BC’s trades training and apprenticeship system and asset
WHO WE ARE
The Industry Training Authority (ITA) is a crown agency that is responsible for leading and coordinating the skilled trades training and credentialing system for the province. ITA provides strategic leadership, policy support and customer services to help apprentices, employers and industry. ITA sets program standards, maintains credential records and issues the highly regarded Interprovincial Red Seal and B.C. Certificate of Qualifications (C of Q) credentials.
Annual Salary Band 6: $89,250 - $115,500 Salary to commensurate with experience. The ITA offers a highly competitive benefits package and perks which include:
- Flexible working schedule
- Eligible for pension contributions.
- Healthy Living Program, In-house Gym
- Extensive Extended Health and Dental Plans that are 100% employer paid
HOW TO APPLY AND MORE INFORMATION
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you! Submit your cover letter and resume by email before the closing date listed on our careers page to HumanResources@itabc.ca. All applicants will receive an emailed response confirming receipt of their resume submission.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email and we ask for no phone calls and in-person applications. Due to a high number of applications the ITA receives, only applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted.
ITA is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all its employees and recruitment candidates. With that, our hiring process will occur in a virtual environment. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest to join ITA.