Public Works Foreman
Public Works Foreman: Village of Zeballos
Situated on the northwest coast of Vancouver Island and nestled among towering mountains, Zeballos sits at the head of Zeballos Inlet, the gateway to Nootka Sound. Located on the territory of the Ehattesaht Chinehkint First Nation, the area is famous for its gold mining history and is increasingly becoming a destination for travellers who are looking for the excitement of wilderness recreation activities.
Reporting to the CAO, the Public Works Foreman is a working supervisor responsible for organizing the safe and efficient day-to-day operations of the Public Works Department. The Public Works Foreman is also the Chief Water Distribution Operator.
You are a self-motivated individual with great interpersonal skills. You have a can-do attitude and are a team player. You practice confidentiality and professionalism at your job.
Based on direction provided by the CAO, the Public Works Foreman is responsible to develop and execute the annual Public Works department plan for the operation, maintenance, and repair of the following services:
- Municipal roads and bridges
- Municipal parks and lands
- Municipal facilities and structures (including the municipal cemetery)
- Municipal vehicles (including firefighting vehicles)
- Storm drainage
- Water supply and distribution
- Sanitary sewer
- Public works department tools and equipment
- Completion of Grade 12
- A valid BC Drivers License (Class 5 minimum)
- 5 years management experience in municipal Public Works or a similar environment; OR an equivalent in education, training, and experience
- The following EOCP certifications (or a commitment to obtain certification) and a willingness to upgrade within 2 years:
- Small Water Systems
- Small Wastewater Systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with staff and the public
- A willingness to participate in training sessions to develop or enhance required skills
If you are ready to take on this challenging and rewarding leadership role, forward your resume and cover letter with a minimum of three (3) related references to Tall Cedars Search, by 5:00 PM, Wed. Aug. 26, 2020.
A Supplementary Package can be obtained from the consultant, which includes a complete job description, benefits plan, and details of the competitive compensation. Please feel welcome to request the package by email, and following that to discuss the position with the undersigned:
Flo Follero-Pugh, Tall Cedars Search & Recruitment