Human Resources/ Occupational Health & Safety Advisor
Competition No. 20-26E
Human Resources/ Occupational Health & Safety Advisor(Exempt)
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting a regular, full-time Human Resources/Occupational Health and Safety Advisor to join our team. Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the incumbent will provide technical advice and administrative support predominantly in the area of occupational health and safety with a secondary area of focus on human resources.
- Post-secondary degree in human resources or a related field with a certificate or diploma in occupational health and safety. A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation is considered an asset.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience, preferably in local government. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of relevant occupational health and safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of current employment and labour regulations, statutes and collective agreements.
- Ability to exercise discretion, tact, diplomacy and sound judgment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check and hold a valid B.C. Driver’s Licence.
This is an excluded position within the organization offering a competitive salary and an attractive fringe benefits package. For more information on the RDOS, visit http://www.rdos.bc.ca.
If you are a qualified candidate and looking for an exciting opportunity, please submit your application in pdf form quoting Competition No. 20-26E by 4:00 p.m., Friday, August 14, 2020 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street,
Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: 250- 492-0237
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.