Clerk 4 - Purchasing
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to build the city of tomorrow—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
City of Surrey
Clerk 4 - Purchasing
Term: approximately 18 months
Reporting to the Assistant Purchasing Manager, the Clerk 4 performs highly complex clerical work of considerable responsibility in the Procurement Services Section within the Finance Department. Employees work under limited supervision and exercise considerable independent judgement and initiative.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Provide clerical and administrative support services to the procurement staff.
- Plan, coordinate, train and supervise clerical staff in a variety of functions.
- Interpret departmental practices and procedures and attempt to resolve difficult problems.
- Create and maintain office procedure manuals and guidelines.
- Generate procurement documents, maintain and update procedures, update and track boilerplate changes to solicitation documents, and update and track changes to procurement manuals and guidelines, and instructions subject to review of a superior.
- Prepare varied documents, collect and analyze a variety of data, and complex statistical reports.
- Compiles and creates statistical reports as required (e.g., key performance indicators).
- Compose a variety of letters of a technical nature.
- Assist other procurement staff in performing their duties.
- Overall coordination of the City’s Purchase Card (P-Card) program including maintaining cardholder files, processing requests for credit limit changes and replacement cards.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
- Ability to exercise good judgement in performing the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently, plan, organize, supervise work projects and develop work procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Business English, spelling, arithmetic, current office practices, procedures and equipment operation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work with frequent interruptions and the ability to manage time and task efficiently.
- Knowledge of computer office applications especially Microsoft Word & Excel, and good key board skills.
- Highly accurate and attentive to detail.
- Basic Procurement Knowledge.
A qualified applicant will have:
- Completion of grade 12, supplemented by completion of several business courses at a post-secondary level. Minimum
- 3 years of progressively responsible and diversified clerical experience including supervisory experience.
- Accurate typing speed of 45 wpm
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca