Grants Administrator (Temporary)
Financial Services Department
Regional Municipality Of Wood Buffalo
Position Type/ Hours:
This is a temporary full-time position working seventy (70) hours bi-weekly for approximately eighteen (18) months within the Financial Planning Branch of the Financial Services Department. This position is within the CUPE 1505 Bargaining Unit. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
Under limited supervision, ensures opportunities for receiving grant funding are maximized and ensures compliance with stipulated grant conditions. Incumbent will record financial data, analyze and reconcile accounts, and prepare financial status and progress reports for all grant funded projects.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continually researches grant programs to identify potential federal and provincial grant opportunities as well as non-governmental grant opportunities.
- Communicates relevant grant information to respective departments.
- Develops and monitors grant applications, or acts as a corporate resource to assist departments in completing applications with due diligence and ensures compliance with all relevant guidelines.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains the grant implementation and reporting process; manages grant timelines to ensure continuation of grant funding.
- Ensures financial status and grant progress reports are submitted in accordance with grant stipulations.
- Developing and maintaining policies, processes, and systems to track and manage grant funded projects
- Identifies and ensures available grant funding for budget purposes as well as the corresponding reporting requirements.
- Identifies the accounting treatment of all grant revenue and ensures reporting of grants is consistent with financial statement requirements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in business administration specializing in accounting combined with two (2) years’ accounting experience in a computerized environment.
- Diploma in business administration specializing in accounting combined with four (4) years’ accounting experience in a computerized environment.
- Grant administration experience is an asset.
- You will possess the following:
- Ability to interpret and administer federal, provincial and municipal grant programs.
- Ability to work independently conducting research, applying analytical techniques, identifying issues, and problem solving within deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills are required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time-management skills are required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Strong proficiency in spreadsheet software programs are required including advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
$45.55 (Temporary Rate)
*All CUPE job rates are currently under review and subject to change.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer:
-an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance
August 9, 2020 at 11:59 PM
Internal & External (Repost: July 11, 2020)
To apply: Please visit our website at www.rmwb.ca
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.