Manager, Real Estate
The Corporation of the City of North Vancouver
Manager, Real Estate
Regular Full Time
The City of North Vancouver is the urban core of the beautiful North Shore and has a long-term vision to be “The Healthiest Small City in the World”, with five key priorities to be a City for People, a Liveable City, a Vibrant City, a Connected City and a Prosperous City.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with exceptional leadership and negotiation skills to oversee the City’s Real Estate Section, in this regular full time exempt role.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Strategic & Corporate Services, you will oversee the City’s portfolio of landholdings, including residential, commercial, non-profit and civic use lands. Specifically you will:
- Lead the process for acquisitions and dispositions of City landholdings, negotiate real estate transactions, including development and execution of legal agreements, leases and licenses, and participate in development planning for City lands.
- Manage City properties and tenant/city relationships, including negotiating and maintaining long term lease agreements and licenses to use.
- Oversee the Municipal Parking Program (public revenue parking, employee / city use parking and leased / licensed parking), including coordination of internal staff roles, and responsibilities and managing external service provider contracts.
- Participate in strategic planning for the City’s landholdings and assets, and undertake real estate and land development research; and guide real estate planning for the City.
- Chair the City’s interdepartmental Lands Committee.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and lead a small team engaged in property services and real estate work.
You will have post-secondary education in a related discipline and a diploma in real estate economics or appraisal, or equivalent, along with several years of related work experience. Certification with the Appraisal Institute of Canada would be an asset. You will also have extensive knowledge and experience with complex lands negotiations and strong interpersonal and communication skills. A valid class 5 BC Driver’s License is also required.
During the recruitment process, applicants will be requested to provide a current Police Information Check (PIC).
We offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package for this exempt position, including a compressed work schedule.
If you’re passionate about making the City of North Vancouver an even greater place to live, apply on-line through the Career Portal at www.cnv.org by Friday, August 14, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in the City of North Vancouver.
Posting#: 2020 – 0054