Certified Pump Mechanic - Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
PUBLIC WORKS DIVISION
STORM AND WASTEWATER
Certified Pump Mechanic
Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
The District of Saanich is seeking an experienced journeyman mechanic for work in the Storm and Wastewater Section. This is tradesperson work at the journeyman level requiring skill and ability in the application of maintenance and repair procedures for wastewater facilities. The work also includes design input and construction supervision for new wastewater facilities.
- Uses computer based SCADA system to monitor pump stations
- Installs and maintains piping, appurtenances, flow monitoring equipment and related computer software
- Performs and supervises preventative maintenance requirements, establishes schedules and carries out maintenance as directed or required.
- Maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and diesel systems
- Electrical troubleshooting, welding, fabricating, pipefitting and mechanical repairs pertaining to sewer lift stations
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of diesel mechanics and in particular modern electronically controlled diesel stand by power units
- Provide routine maintenance, adjustment, and repair on all gasoline and diesel powered vehicles and machines
Requirements include: completion of Grade 12; EOCP Level II Wastewater Collection Certification; supervisory training and experience; possession of a valid BC Driver’s Licence; possession of a Trades Qualification Certificate in heavy duty diesel mechanics; successful completion of a Pump maintenance course and/or equivalent experience with; oxygen acetylene, ARC and MIG welding; a minimum of four years’ experience or a combination or experience and training in work directly related to sewer and lift stations; and fit to perform work in all weather conditions and work while in close proximity or in actual contact with raw sewage.
Note: Only those with applicable qualifications will be contacted
This is a C.U.P.E. Local 2011 position with a wage of $36.61 per hour and an excellent benefits package. Job description and competition information can be found at www.saanich.ca. This is an open until filled posting. Please apply quoting competition 20094 to: Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 (Fax 250-475-5550) or Email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to the interview process, testing will be conducted. We thank all applicants for applying. Only those under consideration will be contacted.