Licence & Bylaw Enforcement Officer
Licence & Bylaw Enforcement OfficerFull Time Opportunity
A bona fide opportunity!
The City’s Licensing and Bylaw Department investigates over 11,000 bylaw complaints annually about a variety of issues from traffic to business license violations. Apply your conflict resolution, problem solving and communication skills, and work closely with the public, RCMP, Court officials and other municipal staff to resolve infractions.
Use your post-secondary training in Bylaw Enforcement Investigation and experience in bylaw or other related law enforcement to investigate and resolve complaints of bylaw infractions while ensuring compliance of municipal bylaws with professionalism and impartiality.
- High School graduation or equivalent
- Completion of recognized Bylaw Enforcement & Investigative Skills Certificate (Justice Institute Level I & II Program or recognized equivalent)
- Computer Literacy & Attention to Detail
- Conflict Resolution
- Professional Credibility & Bondable/Cash Handling
- BC Drivers License – Class 5
- RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance
We are looking for an energetic and versatile individual for this CUPE Bargaining unit position. The rate of pay starts at $38.35 hourly. Help Kelowna become the best mid-sized city in North America! Join an active, vibrant community where we put people first.
Applicants not contacted within three weeks of the competition closing date
are thanked for their interest.