This full-time position offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits.
This position is in Terrace, B.C., an area known for its world class fishing and outdoor adventure opportunities including a ski hill, 18-hole golf course and mountain biking trails. This area offers quality advanced education opportunities with both the Coast Mountain College and a satellite campus for the University of Northern BC. Terrace also has a well-developed arts and cultural community, recreation facility and library.
Reporting to the Director, Works and Services, the Senior Engineer will perform a variety of engineering and project management work that may involve project design and management for large projects. The successful candidate will apply principles and practices of the profession to ensure successful results are achieved in a sound and practical manner, working with other staff and external consultants as required.
The position requires a person with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain respectful working relationships with internal and external contacts under circumstances that are considerably complex and time sensitive.
The preferred candidate will possess the following education and competencies:
- A Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. civil-preferred; environmental; municipal),
- 4-6 years recent related experience following professional registration; or, an equivalent combination of training and experience in municipal engineering field with particular emphasis in design, construction, and operation of water, sewer, and storm water infrastructure, and waste management facilities,
- Membership or eligibility for immediate membership as a registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC),
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act and other legislation and regulation affecting watermain/sewer/storm water and waste management facilities, operations and maintenance,
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project,
- Basic knowledge; using AutoCAD program,
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license.
The Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine would like to thank you for your interest when applying and advises that only candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Interested individuals are requested to submit their letter of application and resume by mail, or email to the Regional District of Kitimat- Stikine by 4:00 p.m. on July 13, 2020.
Regional District Kitimat–Stikine
Suite 300 – 4545 Lazelle Avenue
Terrace, B.C. V8G 4E1