(Permanent Full Time)
The West Vancouver Memorial Library is currently seeking Permanent Full-Time Systems Librarian to join our highly qualified team. Reporting to the Head of Technology of Library Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of the Library’s key systems, including the integrated library system, automated material handling system, and self-checkout optimization;
- Researching, evaluating and recommending selection of new software and modules;
- Scheduling, loading and configuring modules and upgrades to library systems, and coordinating with library staff and liaising with vendors in the implementation of new hardware, software, and updates;
- Troubleshooting library systems and acting as the primary contact for vendor technical support and District IT;
- Working closely with library public and technical services staff to ensure library systems are optimized for efficient workflow and excellent service to end users;
- Providing professional information and advisory services to the public, and ;
- Participating in systems planning and related budget processes;
- Participating in other duties and special projects as assigned.
The preferred candidate will possess: considerable understanding of public library processes, services, and collections and their implications for library systems; sound knowledge of the library’s processes related to software requirements and the capabilities of the integrated system; a sound understanding of basic database and network architecture and design; some basic knowledge of cataloguing rules and procedures and MARC records; the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to prepare a variety of documentation. Familiarity with one or more scripting languages is desirable.
The successful candidate has a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited program, plus experience in library systems administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police information check and supply a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet.
WVMEA – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
37.5 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$37.98 to $44.85 per hour (2019 Rate)
11:59 p.m. on Sunday July 5, 2020
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.