Summer Reading Club Coordinator
Nelson Public Library
Summer Reading Club CoordinatorCompetition #20ST2L
The Nelson Public Library is currently accepting applications for Summer Reading Club Coordinators. Reporting to the Children’s Librarian, the Summer Reading Club Coordinators plan, promote, and deliver the library’s annual Summer Reading Club.
This is a temporary full time position working from June 22, 2020 to August 14, 2020, Monday through Friday 9:00am to 3:30pm, 30 hours per week. The rate of pay is $15 hour.
The Summer Reading Club Coordinator will organize and deliver programs for children ages 6-12. This will include:
- Promoting the Summer Reading Club program at schools.
- Administering a daily activity program that includes reading, crafts, games, storytelling, songs, puppetry, drama, etc.
- Experience working with children.
- Art/crafts, drama or storytelling skills.
- Preferably be majoring in Education, Early Childhood Education, or Library Studies.
- A love of reading and libraries.
- Good written, interpersonal, public speaking and leadership skills.
- Willing to work as part of a team.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to work independently.
Must be 15-30 years of age. Due to grant requirements, at least one of the two successful candidates must be a full-time student intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
Interested applicants should submit their covering letter and resume by June 5th, 2020 by 5:00pm to:
City of Nelson
101-310 Ward Street
Nelson, BC V1L 5S4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. The City of Nelson is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.