Information Services Manager
Information Services ManagerFind out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning, values-based organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Whether you think you’re content in your current job or are at a cross-roads, seeking greater career fulfilment, look no further, your dream job is here. In this newly created role, you have the opportunity to inspire a high functioning team of motivated IS professionals, determine city wide technological solutions through a collaborative process and establish a compelling IS vision while working within a “one-City” organizational culture that encourages innovation, clear communication and decisive decision making.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we would like to meet you!
- You have 10+ years in progressively advanced information services roles culminating with at least 5 years at the manager level, preferably in a unionized public sector setting
- Your curiosity, humility and passion for people has enabled you to build positive working relationships from the shop floor to the executive suite
- You are an effective communicator capable of transforming complex technical jargon in a way that is understood and interesting to non-techie audiences
- You are a natural collaborator with exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- You have invested time and energy in pursuing post-secondary education which has enabled you to have the foundational technical expertise and credibility to support your direct reports and customers
- You are an accomplished contract negotiator who has a track record of ensuring your organization is receiving the most cost effective and timely information services solutions
- As a seasoned business professional, you understand how technology integration enables effective, data driven business decisions and supports continuous improvement
- You are a forward looking, analytical thinker with strong process management skills
- You constantly stay abreast of emergent technological change and threats and use this knowledge to make informed and timely business decisions that safeguard and prepare your organization to maintain its competitive and service advantage
- In addition to your strong work ethic, you lead with integrity, “walk the talk” and expect the same of others
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves and have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture wanting our people to grow and succeed
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including an indexed pension and an annual salary which can grow to over $130,000 per year and embrace a holistic approach to work and life outside of work.
If you tick off many of the boxes above, we want to hear from you! If you are our ideal candidate and want to be considered for your dream job, please apply at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs noting competition #20-044e by May 31, 2020.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check