Asset Management Specialist
Asset Management Specialist
Status / Job Type
Job ID #1044
Public Works Department Engineering Services
Number of Openings
Rate of Pay / Range of Salary
$39.12 to $48.90
Hours of Work
(4:30pm) May 07, 2020
(4:30pm) May 28, 2020
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Planning in the Infrastructure Planning Division of the Engineering Services Department, in the Public Works Commission, the Asset Management Specialist is directly responsible for coordinating key asset management and infrastructure planning strategies in alignment with the City s long term goals and vision. The Asset Management Specialist duties includes but are not limited to lead role in the development, implementation, and administration of asset management plans for all lifecycle expenditures for City assets, develop decision frameworks, business processes and tools that incorporate capital and operating budget development, prioritization, risk analysis, and level of service, work in partnership with internal City departments and manage consulting services to complete various types of projects including but not limit to condition assessments, operations and maintenance standards development, software implementations and other technical studies and report on the state of infrastructure when directed.
- Successful completion of a three (3) year College Diploma in Civil Engineering or related field or suitable equivalent.
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation in good standing will be considered an asset.
- Licensed Ontario Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) will be considered an asset.
- Have a minimum of 5 years multi-disciplinary experience in asset management and related projects and activities. Preferably within a municipal environment.
- Demonstrate experience in cost benefits analysis, risk management analysis and processes.
- Knowledge of financial planning and procurement process and practices, including capital and operating budgeting and cost estimation required.
- Demonstrate the understanding of the lifecycle and function of linear and vertical infrastructure as well as corporate assets (Facilities, Equipment, Fleet, etc.).
- Proven proficiency and applications in utilizing computer equipment and related software applications.
- Knowledge of and relevant working experience with computerized work order management systems, Geographic Information Systems and general database application software.
- Demonstrate technical competence utilizing asset management related technologies, both hardware and software solutions.
- Knowledge of the Infrastructure for Jobs and Prosperity Act, O.Reg. 588/17 Asset Management Planning for Municipal Infrastructure, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Planning Act and associated Acts, By-Laws and Regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative partnerships on all matters relating to asset management.
- Experience with developing terms of references or request for proposals and interpretation of reports and studies.
- Excellent research and writing skills to convincingly present and convey issues, ideas and concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis techniques.
- Ability to coordinate contractors, consultants and staff effectively to meet deadlines.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver s License in good standing.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
Apply For This Job
Qualified candidates please attach one PDF formatted resume & cover letter.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Brantford is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-759-4150.