Development Officer(Temporary 12-Month Position)
The Town is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for the position of Development Officer (Temporary 12-Month Position) commencing June 2020. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative and results driven. This person will be responsible for aspects of the Town’s planning & development services, land administration and ensuring the Town of Westlock’s Land Use Bylaw and related planning documents are adhered to.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 5,000 just 85 kilometres north of Edmonton. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Westlock you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the new Rotary Spirit Centre multi-plex, the Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks and playgrounds. The Town’s strong business sector provides all the services and shopping you will need. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
As a key player in our team the following minimum qualifications are required:
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma preferably supplement with two years of post-secondary education in Development and Land Use Planning or related disciplines.
- Completion of Applied Land Use Planning Certificate (ALUP), or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of two (2) years related municipal government experience in planning and development including safety code permit administration.
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings.
- Proficient with computers.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with developers, governments and the public in matters of some sensitivity in a courteous, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Membership in Alberta Development Officer Association (ADOA) or eligibility.
To view the complete job description for a comprehensive list of responsibilities or to find out more about us, please view our website at www.westlock.ca
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Town of Westlock thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted59
Please submit your resume with three references in confidence to:
Town of Westlock
Westlock, Alberta T7P 2K3