19 – 24 Avenue South
Cranbrook BC V1C 3H8
Phone: (250) 489-2791 or 1-888-478-7335
GIS CoordinatorThe Regional District of East Kootenay is looking for an experienced GIS Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Engineering Services Manager, the GIS Coordinator performs technical and coordination work to implement and maintain the Geographic Information System (GIS).
The GIS Coordinator acts as the lead for the GIS section and Asset Management, maintains and updates all GIS spatial data, mapping, property and addressing and develops, maintains and administers corporate land databases.
- Two year diploma.
- One year advanced diploma in Geographic Information Systems.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
- Five years’ experience in Geographic Information Systems.
- One year leading a team.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, implement and document systems and workflows.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Convert field survey information, including GPS data, to GIS format.
- Engage with fellow employees, the public and outside agencies in a courteous manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Budget preparation and management.
- Knowledge of GIS including management, development, operation, and maintenance.
- Organize work schedule to meet deadlines and priorities.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Supervisory and leadership skills.
This is a permanent, full-time (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting salary hourly rate of $36.70 and increases to $38.53/hour after successful completion of the 6 month probation period.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter, with references, no later than Friday, April 24, 2020 at 4:30PM to:
Lori Engler, Human Resources Manager
Email: email@example.com [MS Word format or PDF]
Please quote: Engineering – 19
Information on our organization and a copy of the complete job description is available on the RDEK website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers). We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.