(Library Assistant III)
The West Vancouver Memorial Library has openings for a Student Librarian to work in its vibrant and busy Digital Experience Team. Duties will include, but are not limited to (with assistance from a Librarian):
- Assisting patrons with new technologies to meet a variety of information needs
- Programming with an emphasis on middle years and adult technology classes in The Lab: West Vancouver’s digital learning place
Candidates should be enrolled in SLAIS: the iSchool at UBC or an equivalent program at another educational institution, in their second year of study and pursuing a MLIS degree. Essential requirements are:
- a passion for customer service and connecting people with library resources
- a strong interest in or previous experience with mobile technology, apps and computational thinking
- superior communication and interpersonal skills
- experience with accessing and downloading digital content (ex: e-books, e-audiobooks)
- the ability to work well as part of a team
- instructional and programming experience would be an asset
The preferred candidate will be available for one of the following potential schedules:
- Sunday to Wednesday
- Tuesday to Friday
The successful candidate will be required to supply an acceptable criminal record check.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates.
WVMEA (Union) – Temporary, Part-Time
Hours of Work:
Approximately 28 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$23.43 to 27.43 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Monday, April 15, 2020
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.