Paid On Call Firefighter
The “Natural Place to live, work, play and invest,” the City of Pitt Meadows is a picturesque community of just over 18,500 residents, boasting a small town atmosphere with all the urban amenities, beautiful outdoor environment, and a great quality of life, located just one hour east of downtown Vancouver.
Paid On Call Firefighter
Answer the Call!
Pitt Meadows Fire Rescue is a composite, full service fire department providing its nearly 20,000 residents with emergency response. Our department staff and paid on call members are trained to meet the NFPA 1001 standards. Together with our daytime staff we rely heavily on the paid on call firefighters to serve the City of Pitt Meadows by protecting life, property and the environment from fire and other risks.
Paid on Call (POC) firefighters are members of our team who play a key role in the delivery of Fire Services to the City of Pitt Meadows. POC firefighters operate as front line responders and directly participate in fire and rescue operations, including incident response and the operation of all apparatus and equipment. The City of Pitt Meadows Fire Department is seeking dynamic individuals that are physically capable and excel working in a team environment to join our operations.
- Attend calls for service in fire suppression, fire prevention, FR medical response, motor vehicle accidents, wildland and urban interface fires, airport response
- Attend mandatory training and drills (Tuesday evenings)
- Attend required courses for professional and skills development
- Operate and maintain fire department equipment and apparatus
- Participate in community events representing the fire department
- General fire station duties.
- Permanent resident of Pitt Meadows
- Grade 12 graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Required to submit drivers abstract upon request. Clean record required
- No criminal record. Criminal record check required upon request
- Must attend 30% of all calls for emergencies including AM night time calls
- Must attend 70% of all mandatory practices (Tuesday evenings)
- Must have good communications skills and the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Good fitness and ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude as well as perform work of considerable physical endurance and strength.
POC firefighters are paid an hourly wage when required to respond to emergency calls and to attend weekly Tuesday practice sessions.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our team of dedicated firefighters.
For more information and a complete job description visit our website at:
Closing date: Monday, April 6, 2020