Director of Development and Infrastructure
Town of Turner Valley
Director of Development and Infrastructure
Job No: 121229
Location: Turner Valley
- Exciting opportunity for a planning professional to make an impact in beautiful Turner Valley!
- Work in a nimble environment with the opportunity see to the fruits of your labour
- Take advantage of a highly competitive salary and benefits package
About Turner Valley
Turner Valley, snuggled against the base of the Rocky Mountains, offers an inspired and relaxed lifestyle just 35 minutes southwest of Calgary. Our big backyards, community spirit and outdoor lifestyle inspire creative talent and nurture life better lived. Connected to nature and each other, we are driven by a responsibility to protect, steward, and advocate for gentler footprints on the land.
With a population just over 2500, Turner Valley boasts breathtaking scenery year round and an amazing opportunity to get back to nature, with activities such as camping, hiking, cross-country skiing, horseback riding, fishing and bird watching, amongst many more.
As the birthplace of Alberta’s Oil and Gas Industry, for 30 years the Turner Valley Oilfield was the largest oil and gas producer in the British Empire and it is rumoured that Churchill himself visited the area prior to World War II.
Turner Valley’s unique past has created a dynamic relationship with oil and gas which remains to this day.
For more information on Turner Valley please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
The Town of Turner Valley is currently seeking a qualified and experienced planning and development professional to join our team on a full-time basis, as our new Director of Development and Infrastructure .
Reporting to the Town’s Chief Administrative Officer, you all provide overall leadership and direction to the Development and Infrastructure department. Working closely with the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), this position ensures effective leadership of the D&I department while also providing strategic support and advice to other departments within the organization.
Additionally you will be working with Council, through the CAO, to implement Council direction in the areas of:
- Environmental Utilities
- Municipal Operations
- Planning and Development
- Project Management
In order to qualify for this position, you will need to hold a a university degree, with demonstrated experience in planning and development as well as a registered professional planning designation. Ideally you will have a minimum
of 10 years progressive leadership experience.
Experience overseeing environmental utilities and municipal operations will put you in good stead for this position, as will working with boards or councils.
Our ideal applicant will possess:
- Solid understanding of municipal planning and development.
- The ability to work effectively with various stakeholders and able to adjust priorities on an ongoing basis. Be flexible, adaptive and “politically astute”.
- Good financial acumen including budgeting and financial reporting.
- The ability to develop a strong team that is cohesive and results-driven.
- Insightful and strategic thinker able to collaborate with other leadership team members to carry out Council’s direction.
- Demonstrated foresight and good perception of stakeholder needs; able to systematically work towards the end goal.
- Able to facilitate understanding of corporate direction among managers and staff and engage staff in the commitment to objectives, strategies, plans and performance measures.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and priority setting skills with the demonstrated confidence to make decisions and delegate responsibility.
- Skilled in leading and supporting staff to contribute their efforts and maintain a high-performance, respectful, and participative culture.
You will be someone who looks out for the best interests of the Town, while rolling out the red carpet and welcoming all opportunities through your exceptional interpersonal skills. You will not only think about what is being done, but how it is being done and above all, you will possess an inner standard of honesty, integrity, warmth, and excellence.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with a competitive salary based on experience, plus highly competitive benefits, including:
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Group RRSP
- Relocation assistance
This position will give you an opportunity to work in a nimble environment, in which you can contribute meaningful work and really be able to see the fruits of your labour.
If you are looking for an opportunity to get back to nature and make a long lasting impact on your community, then APPLY NOW!
FOR FULL DETAILS AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT https://scouterecruit.net/jobs/121229