Public Works Foreman
Town of Comox
Public Works Foreman
Comox, located on the east coast of south-central Vancouver Island, boasts a seaside location, mountainous horizon, and rich farmlands throughout the Comox Valley. With a temperate year-round climate, a population of approximately 14,800, nearby forests, unsurpassed recreational opportunities, beaches and the ocean, Comox offers every enjoyable pursuit imaginable and lends itself to a quality of life that one would consider outstanding.
The Town of Comox is looking for a permanent, full time Public Works Foreman.
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Public Works, the Public Works Foreman provides day to day direction to the Public Works crew regarding the safe and efficient delivery of services provided by the Public Works Department.
The Public Works Foreman is responsible for the direction and work on all Public Works assignments, as assigned. They will monitor the direction of staff that may include all aspects of work relating to the transportation and utilities functions within Public Works. The incumbent will operate and ensure the implementation of public works maintenance and construction programs. They will provide feedback to the Superintendent of Public Works regarding the performance of the Public Works crew in accordance with Town policies and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and will ensure that employees are working in a safe manner. The Public Works Foreman performs incident investigations as required, assists the Superintendent of Public Works in scheduling employees, obtains quotes, and, with approval, purchases materials as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in municipal infrastructure operations, maintenance, and construction and the safe operation of related tools and equipment;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supervising in a public works environment;
- EOCP Water Distribution Level 2 Certification or higher;
- EOCP Wastewater Collection Level 2 Certification or higher;
- Traffic Control Program Certificate;
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC Rules and Regulations;
- Possess a valid Class 3 BC Driver’s License with air endorsement;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure and Public Works best practices;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Sound computer skills with the ability to learn new software programs.
This is a permanent full-time Union position with a current rate of pay of $38.53 per hour.
Kindly forward your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for this job posting will be received until 11:59 pm, PST on Friday, March 6, 2020. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please visit our website at www.comox.ca