Building Worker (Auxiliary)
Building Worker (Auxiliary)Requisition ID: 16933
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Building Worker is responsible for a variety of cleaning and minor maintenance tasks in and around the facilities.
Building Workers must be able to work morning, afternoons, evenings, overnights and on weekends at various locations throughout the City. Shift differential will apply when applicable
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- General cleaning.
- Burnishing, stripping and waxing floors.
- Removing recycling and waste.
- Replenishing supplies.
- Cleaning windows (using tucker pole).
- Carpet cleaning.
- Minor repairs and maintenance.
- Painting and other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a recognized certification program in building services work and some related experience.
- Experience performing a variety of routine manual tasks in care, cleaning and general maintenance of buildings.
- Experience operating and using janitorial tools, equipment and supplies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, safety practices and simple equipment used in janitorial and maintenance work.
- Ability to arrange an effective work schedule under minimum direct instruction.
- Good health and strength sufficient to perform a variety of routine manual tasks in care, cleaning and general maintenance of buildings.
- A current and valid BC Driver’s License and a Satisfactory driving record an asset.
A Police Record Check or an Enhanced Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
All applicants MUST attach a copy of their Building Services Work certification and any other relevant documents to their application.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Start Date: March 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $23.44 to $27.45 per hour
Application Close: February 23, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.