The West Vancouver Ferry Building Gallery is seeking a passionate, creative and detail-oriented person to assist with gallery programs, exhibitions, social media and other activities. Reporting to the Community Arts Supervisor, this position will assist with:
- communicating with gallery volunteers and supporting with the scheduling of their shifts;
- supporting gallery functions such as; opening and closing the gallery, sales (artwork and merchandise), answering telephones, emails and finding information for the public and artists;
- supporting exhibition development, sourcing content from artists and presenters and designing gallery promotional materials using Excel, Word and the Adobe Creative Suite;
- preparing information for each exhibition and designing materials as needed including: wall cards, artist bios, didactic panels, pricelists, and gallery notes;supporting exhibition installation and artwork take-down;
- preparing cash reconciliation and end of day reports;
- scheduling and delivering a social media plan related to gallery programming using Hootsuite and including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- preparing content, artist interviews and other material for gallery newsletters;
- assisting with additional programming and events including the Harmony Arts Festival;
- other related duties as required; and
- previous knowledge of Activenet and other district’s internal systems is an asset.
The preferred candidate will have: a passion for the visual arts with some fine arts/art history work experience and education; enjoy an art gallery environment; be comfortable working independently as well as with a team; and would love to work at the Ferry Building Gallery, located at the Ambleside Landing in West Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be: an energetic self-starter, responsible, organized, punctual; professional; a good writer; proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop mainly), social media platforms and website tools; responsible and creative.
The successful candidate must possess a valid class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia and have access to a vehicle; and will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check at their own expense.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work and shifts may vary depending upon operational requirements. The successful candidate must have flexibility and be available evenings and weekends
Rate of Pay:
$20.00 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits
11:59 p.m. Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.