Internal Audit and Risk Management Analyst
Internal Audit and Risk Management AnalystJob description and duties are currently under review
Overview of Position
Reporting the Director of Finance, the position is the central corporate wide resource responsible for internal audit and administration of audit, procurement and risk management processes. Furthermore, maintains the capital asset register, coordinates the asset management plan and provides support with the capital budget process. Performs internal audit functions by identifying risks, evaluating controls and providing value added advice and support to departments on creation, modification of policies, procedures, processes and services to ensure an appropriate level of internal control and compliance is maintained. Provides procurement cycle support, administrates procurement processes and monitors compliance with the Town’s Procurement Policy and Procedures By-Law. Responsible for risk management processes such as administrating insurance renewal, incident reporting and insurance claims. Undertakes special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Internal audit functions such as:
- Conducts compliance and performance audits.
- Operational reviews of Town departments.
- Administrates procurement process
- Coordinates risk management functions.
- Administration of Tangible Capital Asset (TCA) register and compliance to PSAB
- Coordination of multi-year Capital Plans & forecasts for all departments and the corporation, including financing sources and alternatives.
- Major Financial Studies – coordinate the preparation of various legislated financial studies including:
- Asset Management Plan
- Development Charges Background Study
- Drinking Water System Financial Plan
- Energy Conservation & Demand Management Plan
- Prepare Gas Tax and OCIF project reporting for review by the Director of Finance
- Compile and file the annual submission of Town energy management to the Ministry of Environment.
- University Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field.
- Completion of or advanced standing in a recognized accounting designation program (CGA, CMA, CA).
- Canadian Risk Management Designation and/or Canadian Internal Auditor Certification is an asset.
- Post graduate Certificate or Diploma in Municipal Administration or knowledge of relevant Acts and legislation governing the financial operations of municipal government is an asset.
- 5 to 7 years in an auditing function, risk management, accounting and finance in a municipal environment.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and graphs.
- Working knowledge of financial software such as Keystone or other.
- Self-motivated, independent worker
- Superior oral and written communications skills
Interested applicants may submit their resumes to HR@Erin.ca. Resumes will be accepted until Friday, February 28th, at 4:00pm.
Hiring will be subject to the successful passing of a Criminal Reference Check and verification of education and required certifications’. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection. The Town of Erin is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.