Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Temporary, Full Time (12 months w/ the possibility of extension)
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours/week, Monday – Friday*
$46,240 to $54,294 annually + benefits
The Finance Department is seeking a Finance Clerk to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of elementary accounting and moderately complex clerical work. You will perform a variety of duties related to receiving, recording, balancing and processing receipts for a variety of payments as well as providing information and assistance to the public on inquiries relating to fees, charges, accounts and taxes. In addition, you will also process accounts payable, maintain databases, produce reports and may assist in implementing enhancements to computerized systems.
If you have the following skills and qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- Grade 12 supplemented by commercial and bookkeeping courses and sound related experience.
- Considerable knowledge of account classification and cash register operations.
- Sound knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, business English and arithmetic.
- Sound knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation of computer systems and office equipment as related to the work performed.
- Strong software skills and the ability to learn new software programs quickly. Experience in using Northstar, JD Edwards and Tempest would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of elementary accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy and maintain and balance accounts and ledgers.
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical and cashiering tasks with minimal supervision.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and have the ability to deal effectively with staff and the public.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
*City Hall hours of operation are Monday, 8am to 7pm, and Tuesday – Friday, 8am to 5pm.
The successful candidate will be scheduled on Mondays from 10:30am to 7pm on a rotational basis.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-30 by February 28, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.