Water Conservation Assistant
Water Conservation AssistantParks & Environmental Services – Environmental Protection
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$32.42 to 35.53 per hour
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on February 27, 2020
This position will assist with the development, implementation and promotion of water conservation projects and initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of water conservation program initiatives and projects.
- Participate in design, implementation and monitoring of public education and outreach programs.
- Develop and maintain website and digital resources.
- Develop grant and funding applications.
- Respond to inquiries and information related to water conservation issues
- Liaise with non-governmental organizations, community associations, residents, and other stakeholders on water conservation initiatives.
- Draft and prepares technical and summary reports
- Assist with the research, review, evaluation and development of water conservation strategies
- Collaborate with other programs to develop integrated messages, outreach and education initiatives that incorporate water conservation themes
- Follow all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Relevant undergraduate degree (e.g., Environmental Studies) and three (3) years’ related experience and working knowledge of water conservation.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet and database program.
- Ability to work as part of a team, provide leadership, and collaborate with external stakeholders.
- Ability to use initiative, be innovative, solve problems
- Good organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, produce results and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of relevant environmental protection legislation, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to maintain an awareness of current best management practices for water conservation programs, emerging issues.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.