Human Resources Advisor
Human Resources Advisor
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast paced, award winning local government organization? A team that prides itself on providing cost effective local government services for local residents? Do you have the right attitude, qualifications and superior people skills for the job? If so, the City of Langford invites you to apply for the full time position of Human Resources Advisor.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the successful applicant will provide a full range of generalist HR services including: workforce planning; training and development, labour relations and bargaining support; developing and implementing a broad range of programs and policies to improve human resource processes, policies and procedures; occupational health and safety, and recruitment and selection for all levels.
Ideal applicants will have the following education, skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field;
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation;
- Not less than 5 years related experience in a human resources/labour relations position, preferably in a public sector unionized environment;
- Thorough knowledge of leading practices in human resources management;
- In-depth working knowledge of human resources functions and in planning, developing and implementing human resources related projects and initiatives
- A team player with a strong work ethic; and
- A sense of humour, with the ability to take your work seriously but not yourself.
The City offers a competitive salary for this full-time permanent position, as well as an excellent benefits plan and a modified 35 hour work week schedule (nine-day fortnight). Please refer to the job opportunities page of our website at www.langford.ca for more information and a detailed job description.
Please submit your resume by noon, Wednesday, March 4th, 2020 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (identify the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail) or to the attention of Human Resources, City of Langford, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue, Langford, BC, V9B 2X8.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
2nd Floor · 877 Goldstream Avenue · Langford, BC Canada · V9B 2X8
T · 250-478-7882 F · 250-478-7864