The City of West Kelowna is seeking a dynamic Communications Manager, reporting to the Director of Corporate Initiatives, to join our growing team. This role is responsible to provide strong leadership and strategically manage the communications and engagement portfolio, and provide corporate initiatives support across departments to deliver Council’s priorities. Equally important to task management is leading and collaborating with our teams and with our community in the most positive and people-focused way.
This position is responsible to lead our internal and external communications planning, implementation, evaluation and meet budget targets. The incumbent will draft and oversee print and electronic materials, increase our digital presence, and increase stakeholder and community relations, such as through meetings, open houses, events and social media. This position will also implement an integrated communications and partnership approach that further develops positive and trusting relationships. Effective issue prevention and management strategies are also vital as we enhance our service levels.
We are seeking a leader who will develop and lead presentations, stakeholder meetings, announcements and events with confidence and dependability. The incumbent will have the public relations education and experience that will result in increased strategy and tactical effectiveness that benefits our team and community. This position will also provide the media with timely, transparent and accurate information through print and digital communications, and conduct interviews as one of our media spokespersons.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 5 years of directly-related experience, including supervisory experience preferably in a local government environment;
- Proven experience managing communication and engagement plans, major initiatives and collateral materials that combines multiple tools and methods with effective results;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage fast-paced and competing priorities with diplomacy;
- High degree of organization and effective time management;
- Must thrive in a collaborative team environment and champion positive change and growth;
- Proven strategic thinking for complex projects and issues management experience;
- Recognized in the industry as a team leader who builds and maintains positive relationships at all levels.
This permanent, full-time exempt position offers a competitive salary, benefits package and municipal pension plan.
Applications are accepted online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
COMPETITION 20-22E | CLOSES MARCH 2, 2020