The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
February 6 - 23, 2020
The City of Port Moody is seeking flexible, customer service and team oriented individuals for auxiliary clerical and secretarial assignments as needed throughout various City departments. Our Auxiliary pool will suit applicants with a flexible schedule open to on-call assignments of varying lengths.
The Auxiliary Clerk will provide relief during sick leaves, vacations and periods of heavy workload. Assignments will include typing, filing, reception and providing information to the public on City services. Work will be scheduled in advance wherever possible but occasionally short notice may be given.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12, supplemented with administrative courses and a minimum of one year of experience in a Municipal environment (or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of programs and standard office equipment
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Customer service experience and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public, staff at all levels, and elected officials
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new environments
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
$27.45 - $29.45
Compensation & Benefits Overview
plus 12% in lieu of benefits