Rural Municipality of Meadow Lake #588
The RM of Meadow Lake (www.rmofmeadowlake.com) is located south of the beautiful Meadow Lake Provincial Park in the northwestern arable portion of Saskatchewan. With a population of just over 2,500 residents, the Rural Municipality (RM) includes the Hamlet of South Waterhen Lake, and encompasses but does not administer, the City of Meadow Lake, Village of Dorintosh, Greig Lake, Meadow Lake Provincial Park, as well as several First Nation reserves (including Eagle Lake 165C, Flying Dust First Nation No. 105, Meadow Lake 105A, Thunderchild First Nation 115D, and Waterhen 130). The RM prides itself in being home to several industrial sites such as the Meadow Lake OSB Mill, NorSask Forest Products, the Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Mill, as well as numerous small businesses including farming and ranching.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Financial Officer is a key member of the leadership team and is responsible for the overall day-to-day financial operations of the RM. Together with the CAO, the Financial Officer will oversee a total budget of approximately $6M and assist with other Financial, HR, and Administrative matters as required.
The successful candidate will possess the following, or an acceptable combination:
- A post-secondary education in Business or Public Administration, Finance & Accounting, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Accounting designation and/or significant experience in finance or accounting, along with a strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Account Practices (GAAP).
- Level “C” certification in Rural Local Government Administration, or the willingness to obtain this certification.
- Knowledge of accounting practices, computer programming, local governance and best municipal practices
- Experience in Human Resource management is an asset.
- Senior leadership and management experience within a municipal operation is required.
- Experience with, and an appreciation for the importance of up-to-date asset management.
- Familiarity with systems with an aptitude and interest in IT and other technology.
- An understanding and appreciation of rural life would be an advantage.
A competitive salary, a comprehensive municipal benefits package, and MEPP (Municipal Employees’ Pension Plan) is available. Specifics will be discussed in further conversations.
For further information please visit our website, or contact:
DCG Executive Search Services Ltd.