City of Surrey
Looking to jump-start your career? The City of Surrey has an exciting opportunity for an entry level Communications Assistant, who is looking for a challenge. Working in the Mayor’s Office, you will provide communications support to the Mayor, Council and the City of Surrey as we build our voice as one of the fastest growing cities in Canada.
- Within the strategic communication framework that you will help build, you will meet a variety of challenges to ensure the Mayor and Council’s vision for Surrey is communicated across a diverse stakeholder group through a multitude of media.
- You will act as a liaison between the Mayor’s Office and the City Departments, resolving a wide variety of constituent concerns by possessing tact, while conveying a positive and professional manner.
- You will provide assistance with writing speeches, preparing press releases and public advisories, building excellent media relations and providing communication advice.
- Your communications education will allow you to provide valuable input in the development of key policies and new programs.
- You will also utilize your skill set to help develop proactive and responsive media materials in support of the City’s successes; you will interface with various levels of government to ensure Surrey’s message is heard.
- You will have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Suite; ability to learn new applications and techniques quickly and effectively.
- A basic knowledge of web design will be considered an asset.
- The successful applicant for this role will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or a related discipline.
- This role requires flexibility, significant work capacity and an enthusiasm to learn, all while gaining an opportunity to hone your communications skills.
The challenges you will face are many, but the rewards are great as you join a team committed to serving the community with integrity and innovation.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca