Information Systems Manager
Information Systems Manager
The Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine (RDKS) is seeking an individual for the position of Information Systems Manager. This full-time position offers a competitive salary and a full range of benefits.
The Regional District provides a variety of local government services to an area of 100,000km² in northwestern British Columbia. Services range from rural land use planning to community water systems, fire protection, library services, solid waste services, recreation facilities and programs.
This position is in Terrace, BC, an area known for its world class fishing and outdoor adventure opportunities including a ski hill, 18-hole golf course and mountain biking trails. This area offers quality advanced education opportunities with both the Coast Mountain College and a satellite campus for the University of Northern BC. Terrace also has a well-developed arts and cultural community, recreation facility and library.
Reporting to the Deputy CAO, the Information Systems Manager contributes to the effective operation of the organization through the creation, support and maintenance of networked hardware and software. Duties include, resolving and providing support for file management, applications and hardware problems; network security management; backups; server reliability; monitoring network traffic and systems performance; performing research and providing advice with respect to technology implementation; performing and assisting with software upgrades and hardware changes; providing technical training to staff; coordinating installation, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of corporate databases; and other related duties, as required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following education and competencies:
- Diploma in Information Technology or a computer related field.
- Must have experience and certification with Microsoft Network Operating Systems, network applications, and telecommunications equipment and infrastructure, as well as, training and instruction experience.
- Industry standard certification (ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, A+, Network+, etc.), proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer applications.
- Experience using and implementing a virtualized server environment using either Hyper-V or VMWare considered an asset.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure, attention to details and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little supervision yet with a strong sense of teamwork.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s license.
The Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Interested individuals are requested to submit their letter of application and resume by mail, or email to the Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine by 4:00pm on February 24, 2020.
Regional District Kitimat – Stikine
Suite 300 – 4545 Lazelle Avenue
Terrace, B.C. V8G 4E1