Director of Finance
MD of Wainwright No. 61
Director of Finance
The M.D. of Wainwright No. 61 provides a career opportunity for a qualified and highly motivated individual for the full-time position of Director of Finance. This position will be responsible for the overall finance and accounting functions of the M.D. of Wainwright.
Outline of Duties:
- Responsible for the finances and investments of the M.D.;
- Oversees all A/P, A/R operations and functions;
- Develops and maintains the municipality’s annual Operating and Capital Budgets;
- Develops and maintains the municipality’s 3 year Operating and 5 year Capital budget as per legislative requirements;
- Responsible for all Tangible Capital Asset transactions including acquisition, amortization and disposal on an on-going basis;
- Attends Council meetings as a support and resource for Council;
- Calculates all taxation mill-rates for the annual Tax Bylaw;
- Works closely with IT on the function of the municipality’s accounting software system; and
- Other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or equivalent;
- Post-secondary certification/diploma/degree in accounting or related field - equivalent training and experience in municipal accounting will be considered in lieu;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Computer Experience (Microsoft Office);
- Experience or familiarity with Bellamy/Serenic software;
- Five (5) years experience in municipal accounting and/or finances is an asset; and
- Familiarity with the Municipal Government Act and accompanying Regulations.
Resumes will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. February 24, 2020 to the attention of:
Mr. Kelly Buchinski
M.D. of Wainwright No. 61
717 – 14th Avenue
Wainwright, AB T9W 1B3
Interested candidates are invited to forward their application/resume by mail, fax or e-mail. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Municipal District of Wainwright employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.