Summer Camp Leader
Summer Camp Leader
(Casual - Non-Union)
Do you enjoy working with children and youth between the ages of 3-18 years?
Can you demonstrate a high level of energy and enthusiasm?
Are you excited about teaching and mentoring volunteer leaders?
The Community Services Department is hiring Summer Camp Leaders for various camps aimed at preschool, school-aged children and youth. Staff may be hired to work at a variety of camps throughout the summer.
Candidates must be able to prepare and lead a variety of programs and activities including sports, games, arts and crafts and out trips. Responsibilities may include creating lesson plans and camp itineraries, working within a budget, scheduling activities, implementing policies and procedures, and provide mentoring to other camp leaders and volunteers. Candidates must have strong organizational, supervisory and interpersonal skills, and must be able to work effectively with children and work cooperatively with parents and facility staff while providing safe, quality camp programs.
The Summer Camp session runs from June 29 – September 4, 2020. Summer Camp Leaders are expected to be available on weekdays for the entire session. Hours of work will vary according to placement and registration. All Summer Camp Leaders should be prepared to work at any District of West Vancouver Summer Camp location. The successful candidate will possess:
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR-C certification. These certifications must be obtained before June 29, 2020
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check prior to start date.
- The following certifications or qualifications will be considered an asset:
- Class 4 Driver’s License; Bronze Cross or NLS; OFA III/Advanced Wilderness First Aid; Coaching certification (NCCP), High-Five, Play it Fair, SuperHost/Worldhost, Babysitter Training, and/or past experience with West Vancouver Summer Camps as a Volunteer, and
- performing other related duties as required
The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates.
Hours of Work:
Hours and days of work vary depending upon position up to 40 hours per week.
Rate of Pay:
$14 - $21 per hour plus 4% in lieu of benefits, depending upon experience and qualifications.
11:59 p.m. Wednesday March 11, 2020.
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.