Recreation Program Leader
Recreation Program LeaderStatus:
January 16, 2020
December 31, 2020
Reporting to the Recreation Program Specialist/Coordinator, assists with the planning, leading and supervision of recreation activities ensuring safety and well-being of participants.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the success of our team and creation of our community, by fostering the District of Squamish corporate values in their work: thinking beyond today, working together, acting with courage and enthusiasm, doing the right thing, and striving to do better every day.
- Follows the District of Squamish’s Customer Service Guidelines to ensure the Delivery of Outstanding Service.
- Assists in organizing age appropriate activities and plans daily activities.
- Instructs and leads planned activities teaching and developing valuable life skills.
- Assists in evaluating program content and participant satisfaction.
- Ensures safety of participants enrolled in activities and to advise the supervisor of safety concerns.
- Arranges required equipment for programs.
- Communicates effectively, keeping accurate records, and making reports as required.
- Assists Recreation Program Supervisor/Coordinator in related program duties and promotion of programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to lead outdoor and indoor activities pertaining to a wide range of age groups.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with all ages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, enthusiasm and positive attitude when relating to all ages and the public.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally in writing.
- Basic computer skill including MS work and Outlook.
- Ability to lift and move program related equipment.
- Ability to swim and ice-skate safely and independently.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An original Police Information Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check issued within the past 6 months that is satisfactory to the employer will be required before starting in the position.
- Completion of Grade 10 or currently enrolled in Grade 10
- Minimum 2 years experience working with and leading a wide range of recreation programs
- Experience, training, & qualifications related to specific programming needs
- First Aid Certificate minimum 8 hour course
- BC Driver’s License “Class 5” preferred
- BC Driver’s License “Class 4” preferred
- Relevant experience qualifications and/or certification (Provincial Standards where applicable)
- Previous experience working in Recreation or a relevant work environment is an asset
Hours of Work:
Between the hours of 7:00am – 10:00pm Monday to Sunday, Casual On-Call
$19.35 per hour
This is a Union position within the Collective Agreement of CUPE Local 2269 and the District of Squamish.
Direct Your Application (Quoting Competition #) To: #20-08
District of Squamish
37955 Second Avenue, P.O. Box 310
Squamish, B.C., V8B 0A3