The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
January 14 - 22, 2020
The City of Port Moody's Recreation department is looking for an enthusiastic individual to provide customer service and support for recreation programs.
The Recreation Attendant position will ensure the safety and enjoyment of our patrons who utilize our recreational facilities by supervising programs, assisting with customer service needs and inquiries, dealing with safety concerns and issues and cash handling.
This regular part-time position will work a minimum of 21 hours per week and shifts include evenings and weekends. Please include your availability for shifts in your application. Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check. Please submit your online application by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of one year of job related experience instructing sport specific skills
- CPR and Level 1 First Aid
- Ability to demonstrate strong sport specific abilities to ensure the safety of the public who are participating in recreation programs
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions using sound judgment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Cash handling experience
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.