The Okanagan Lifestyle Is Calling
The City of West Kelowna is a vibrant, growing city located on the west shores of beautiful Okanagan Lake. Our employees consistently achieve remarkable results in a fast paced and innovative environment. The City of West Kelowna’s Public Works Department is seeking a qualified Industrial Mechanic to join our team. This is a permanent, full time position.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Water Treatment Supervisor, the Industrial Mechanic will develop and conduct maintenance work on all equipment related to the current and future water treatment plants that the City owns and operates. Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair pumps, valves, piping, compressors, generators, UV, Centrifuge and all related water treatment equipment. This position will also develop preventative maintenance plans for all equipment and maintain a critical spare inventory to ensure that systems can be quickly reinstalled in the event of a mechanical failure. The Industrial Mechanic will oversee and monitor the performance of hired contractors. Able to work flexible hours if needed including shift work and emergency call-outs.
- Canadian Red Seal Inter–Provincial TQ as a Millwright (Industrial Mechanic)
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Confined Space Entry training
- Recognized training as an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Certification an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Industrial Mechanic/Millwright
- Water and wastewater system experience preferred
- Considerable knowledge of pipe fitting
- Adequate physical condition with sufficient strength and stamina to perform assigned duties in all types of weather, sometimes in the presence of noise, odor, dust, and dampness
- Knowledge of safe working and operating procedures related to equipment and tools as required to ensure the safety of other employees and the public
- Thorough knowledge of the techniques, tools, equipment and safety precautions pertaining to the maintenance of pumps, piping, and a variety of water and wastewater equipment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required
- Considerable knowledge of methods, practices of hand and portable shop equipment and tools, as would be found in a water treatment plant, water distribution and wastewater collection systems
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in the field while under pressure and within time constraints
- Valid BC Driver’s License or equivalent
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 20-16E | Closes February 10, 2020 | Pay $42.95 |40hr/wk (2020 wage TBD)