ElectricianPosition Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position is to last not later than July 2, 2020)
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: LuLu Island Wastewater Treatment Plant
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking an Electrician who will join our team to assist in maintaining critical power and control systems at the Lulu Island Wastewater Treatment Plant.
You are: a candidate that is self-motivated, hardworking and professional in both teamwork and attitude.
This role: (The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all inclusive.)
- Install, test, trouble shoot and maintain electrical systems and equipment throughout GVRD facilities, ie: fabrication, wiring and installation of control systems, solid state, motors, lighting, low, medium and high voltage power equipment, etc.
- Plans own work approach, searches for and purchases most materials.
- Prepares sketches and updates drawings and prints.
- Assists superior with cost estimating and scheduling work.
- Submits work progress reports.
- Assists in the training of apprentices.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12, plus BC (or Interprovincial) Trade Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Electrician.
- Valid BC drivers licence and health certificate for watershed entry.
- Basic knowledge of motors, controls, pneumatics, electronics, solid state (hydraulics) controls, computer interface, draughting.
- Provide own hand tools.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by January 28, 2020.