Information Services Manager
Competition No. 20-01
Information Services Manager
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The RDOS has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced professional who will bring innovative and proven leadership to the position of Information Services Manager. Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, this position will plan, organize, administer, implement and maintain information, technological and communication systems for the Regional District and will assist or partner with member municipalities to supplement revenue through the sale of expertise or service. The incumbent also fully participates as part of the Senior Management Team to promote strategic thought and action in the organization to ensure a coordinated effort in the delivery of services. We are seeking a results oriented individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree in information technology, information systems or diploma in a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years related and progressively more responsible experience, preferably in local government.
- Experience in project management, project/program delivery, operational and strategic planning, client relationship excellence, resource management, technology implementation, and information service.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Proven experience as a confident leader, comfortable working in a fluid, changing environment.
- Proven ability at building consensus and relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work with change and help others move towards a shared and common vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple teams and client demands concurrently.
- Previous experience in development, internal applications, or application management is an asset.
- Exceptional computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and reporting/tracking software used in Regional District operations.
- Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is exempt within the organization offering a competitive salary and benefit package. For more information on the RDOS, visit http://www.rdos.bc.ca
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their applications in PDF format, quoting Competition No. 20-01 by 4:00 pm, Friday, January 31, 2020.
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: (250) 492-0237 Fax: (250) 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.