Manager, Corporate Fleet
Manager, Corporate FleetIntegrated Water Services – Customer and Technical Services
$99,930 – $117,565 annually
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on February 5, 2020, but the position will remain open until filled.
The Manager, Corporate Fleet provides leadership, operational and strategic direction for CRD Fleet Operations and fosters a shared vision for the future of our diverse fleet that includes over 300 vehicles and heavy equipment. This position delivers highly effective, efficient and innovative Fleet Services to the CRD by developing, implementing and managing leading-edge programs for the acquisition, utilization, maintenance, repair and replacement of vehicles, heavy equipment and portable equipment.
Key Accountabilities / Position Outcomes
- Leads the planning, development and implementation of innovative, effective and efficient Corporate Fleet programs, initiatives and services including:
- Regulatory compliance and fleet safety
- Vehicle replacement
- Vehicle, parts, and service provider procurement requirements and processes
- Surplus vehicle disposal
- Climate Action initiatives relating to Corporate Fleet
- Preventative Maintenance program
- Fuel management
- Ensures policies, structures, systems, resources, management practices and financial systems/budgets are in place and effective to support the initiatives listed above and to ensure the appropriate inspection, audit and warranty requirements are fulfilled.
- Builds relationships and works collaboratively with internal and external customers and stakeholders to ensure Corporate Fleet programs, services and initiatives meet strategic and operational objectives, client/customer needs and regulated or legislative requirements.
- Works collaboratively with the Manager, Corporate Occupational Health & Safety to support strategic direction to CRD departments on health and safety issues regarding fleet vehicle and equipment. Recommends and oversees corporate training and development programs for all vehicle drivers and equipment operators.
- Leads and supervises the work of non-technical, technical and professional staff, including matters pertaining to labour relations, staff development, corporate and division policies and procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of employees and contractors within area of responsibility, including employment and labour relations matters involving: employee hiring, promotion, demotion and other personnel matters; discipline and discharge; representing management in the grievance procedure; input on behalf of management into labour relations matters, and representing management on committees; maintaining Employer confidentiality; and developing, supporting and implementing various corporate and legislated policies, procedures and practices.
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or other related field and plus 10 years relevant experience of which 5 years are in a leadership capacity. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be consideration. Qualification assets may include: BC Motor Vehicle Inspector Authorization Certificate, Mechanic Trade Qualification, and/or Automotive Service Technician Certification.
Role-specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Exceptional motivation, team building, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of National Safety Code (NSC) and obligations of carriers in BC.
- Knowledge of BC Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of BC Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) Program.
- Operational knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations and the ability to plan and coordinate projects to ensure safety of employees, contractors, consultants and the public.
- Exceptional diplomacy, tact and communication skills
- Ability to develop, monitor, manage and report on complex budgeting and financial accountability systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows, word processing, spreadsheets, database and maintenance management application (SAP Plant Maintenance).
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Sound judgement and a positive, solution oriented attitude are essential.
- Exceptional team building and interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to resolve problems and develop new approaches to changing requirements and conditions.
- Must possess a valid BC driver’s licence.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.