City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Surrey Civic Theatres—the Main Stage and Studio Theatre at Surrey Arts Centre and Centre Stage at Surrey City Hall—offers an entertaining variety of artistic presentations and rental opportunities for professional and community theatre, music and dance.
We’re looking for a theatre technician to work with our skilled team of theatre professionals to facilitate all aspects of technical production work for our theatres. The position may also provide production support for the Surrey International Children’s Festival, featuring 1 outdoor and 3 indoor stages.
Auxiliary – Cupe 402.
- Performing technical production work for the operation of Surrey Civic Theatres, including lighting, sound, audio/visual and stage equipment.
- Assisting with routine maintenance of all facility equipment and systems.
- Liaise with clients, artists and other technical staff to facilitate technical requirements for shows and rentals.
- Provide technical assistance in other City facilities as needed.
- Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, supplemented by a minimum of 2 years directly related experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Emergency First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate or acceptable equivalent
- Valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history
- Please indicate on your resume specific models of lighting/sound consoles on which you have operating experience/training.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca