Job Id: 20-006
Department: Parks, Recreation & Culture
Salary: $23.33 - $27.30 per hour
Closing: January 19, 2020
Founded in 1874, Maple Ridge is one of BC’s oldest communities, but it’s also one of the fastest growing Cities in Metro Vancouver. This tremendous pace of growth creates opportunities for professionals like you to bring your passion and talents to our organization to build our future, your career and your family in one of the most incredible natural settings in BC.
Your skills and talents are the essential element in helping our organization meet the challenges and opportunities of our community. This is a place where you can make a difference, serve your community with pride and professionalism and work with our elected representatives to turn their vision for our community into action. Are you ready to choose your own adventure?
What is the scope of the work?
This is clerical work of some complexity involving the provision of factual information, assistance and advice on department services, functions, by-laws, and regulations to the public and other departments. In addition, the incumbent types a variety of materials using word processing equipment and maintains a variety of office records and files. The incumbent exercises some independence of judgement and action in the performance of assigned duties within established guidelines, practices and procedures, referring more complex problems to a superior. Work performance is reviewed in terms of the accuracy and efficiency of services rendered.
Interested? Great…..the ideal candidate will:
Maple Ridge Parks, Recreation & Culture is seeking an auxiliary Clerk 2 to join a team of creative, energetic and dedicated professionals to develop a vibrant and healthy community through arts, culture and heritage. This position will provide administrative support to the program team on culture related projects focusing on special events and festivals and public art.
Completion of the 12th school grade including or supplemented by courses in commercial, typing and word processing subjects, plus sound related experience preferably in a Public Service Agency, or, an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Sound knowledge of the services, functions, procedures, by-laws and regulations governing applicable department operations and activities as they relate to the work performed.
- Sound knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including software applications used in the work and basic accounting clerical procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public and other departments in providing factual information and assistance on matters related to the work.
- Ability to perform clerical and typing assignments and to carry same through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations applicable to the work.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to learn assigned clerical tasks within a short time.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with the rules, regulations and procedures of the department.
- Ability to operate office equipment including a computer terminal and applicable software as related to the work.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
A valid Class 5 Driver's License would be an asset.Top of Form This position is governed by Schedule B (I) of the Collective Agreement and is based on a thirty-five (35) hour week under Article 13.01, which may work any seven (7) hours or part thereof between the hours of 5:45 a.m. and 11:30 p.m., Monday to Sunday, inclusive, without shift differential.Top of Form
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.