We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you have a passion for working with people and providing excellent customer service, then we are the right fit for you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to fill the part-time position of Receptionist. The person in this position will work 20 hours per week. Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Administration, the successful candidate will be the first person that our customers see when they walk into our office. The receptionist will greet customers in person and on the phone in a friendly and professional manner, and provide general information and assistance to internal and external clients.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of Grade 12, supplemented by post-secondary office practices training and several years of clerical experience in a large office, or an acceptable combination of training and experience;
- Proficiency using a multi-line electronic switchboard;
- Adequate and suitable computer and word processing skills. Must be able to achieve a minimum of 60 wpm on word processor. Knowledge of Microsoft Word Office Suite is an asset;
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment, including photocopier, postage meter, microfiche readers, Dictaphone, audio-visual equipment and scanners;
- Sound knowledge of standard office practices and procedures and business English;
- Be courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, and deal effectively with difficult clients;
- Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning, and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in.
The start rate for this union position is $22.77 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits. Upon successful completion of the required probationary period the wage will increase to $26.79 per hour plus either 10.6% in lieu of benefits, or if eligible, participation in the benefit program.
If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-01 and send in confidence by 4:30 p.m. on January 24, 2020 to:
email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.