Office Support Clerk II - Records Clerk
Office Support Clerk II - Records ClerkRequisition ID: 15285
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Engineering Team Services Records Clerk is responsible for a variety of daily records management duties, which focuses primarily on VanDocs and VanRims Classifications. The Record Clerk also provides assistance to staff obtaining office supplies from the Team Services stock room and provides back-up to the Mail Clerk position.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting staff and engaging in projects that help staff increase their daily use of VanDocs, determining VanRims classifications, scanning and importing a variety of documents and files for hard copy and electronic storage using the corporate VanRims classifications.
- Responding to record requests for information from the public and staff by e-mail, telephone or letter.
- Retrieving information from paper, electronic or film based files; assisting in the scheduling and transferring of records off site and requesting file searches from external sources.
- Quality checking scans and colleagues’ projects, including ensuring the standard naming convention is adhered to and the quality of the scans meets Corporate Records standards.
- Providing VanDocs orientations to new staff and/or employees are struggling to operate within the program as a Super-Use for the department.
- Assisting staff in obtaining office supplies and equipment in the Purchase Clerk's absence.
- Performing the mail delivery and duties when the Mail Clerk is away as required. Mail Clerk duties include extensive walking and frequent standing while sorting mail, regularly reaching above shoulder height and carrying up to 4 kg of mail. A wheeled cart is available if preferred or if weights exceed 4 kg.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, preferably supplemented by standard commercial course such as Microsoft Office Suite and/or Records Management.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comprehensive understanding of the VanRims classification system.
- Experience working with standard records management systems, such as VanDocs.
- Experience working with scanning software and equipment.
- Experience as a Departmental Records Coordinator would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A general understanding of the organizational structure and various roles and responsibilities of the Engineering Services Department would be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of the City of Vancouver’s Archives department, what they are responsible for, and the ability to navigate their website.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to find patterns.
- Ability to comprehend thoughts and requests in written format is critical to the successful operation of the office systems.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to use Quickfind and VanMap is preferred.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: February 2020
Position End Date: January 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $22.98 to $26.91 per hour
Application Close: January 17, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.